What is paddle?
Otherwise known as “platform tennis,” paddle is a popular racquet sport played played primarily in cooler weather, on an elevated aluminum deck. The court is surrounded by fencing which allows play off the walls, as in racquetball and squash. Picket Post has one of the top paddle programs in the Philadelphia area, at a very reasonable membership cost, with a spacious “hut” perfect for warming up after a game, socializing with friends or watching the action on our courts. Members enjoy social events, clinics, and tournaments for all skill levels.
Paddle at Picket Post
- 3 paddle courts with lights and a spacious Paddle Hut with a view of the courts
- Heated Paddle Hut is fully equipped with Wifi, TV and lounging area
- Six men's and six women's MAPTA inter-club teams
- Weekly round robins for men and women players of all levels
- Tournaments and social functions throughout the season
- A PPTA certified and experienced teaching pro
- No court fees
- Online / App reservation system
2019-2020 Calendar of Events