Picket Post Swim & Tennis Club offers Competitive, Instructional and Social Opportunities to play tennis. We have two Hard-Tru Courts, four Hard Courts and a Gazebo for social gatherings.
From Our Director of Racquet Sports
Dear Picket Post Members, I am excited to be at the club and look forward to meeting everyone! Below are the scheduled events for Ladies, Men's and Junior tennis events for the Spring season and beyond. To book lessons or clinics please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.772.3191 -Rodney Stewart
The pickleball lines have been painted on tennis court #6. We now have two Pickleball courts ready and waiting for you! Court # 6 may be reserved using the tennis reservation link. The nets, balls and racquets are available for use and are stored in a storage container courtside. Directions for the assembly of the net may be found inside the net storage bags. Nets must be disassembled and all borrowed items need to be returned to the storage container after use.
Don't miss our Pickleball Clinic and Round Robin on Wednesday May 16th: 6:00-7:30PM, Please contact our Pickleball instructor, Paul Iezzi, for additional information on clinics and lessons.
Great season of tennis fun with our Picket Post Cup 10 Team!
Ladies TennisTuesday April 17th : Interclub practices begins
- Tuesdays : 9:30-11:00, Cups 5 & 10, USTA 3.5
- Tuesdays : 11:00-12:30, Cup C
- Fridays : 9:30-11:00, Cup C
- Fridays : 11:00-12:30, Cups 5 & 10, USTA 3.5
- April 23rd & 25th : Ladies Interclub begins
- Wednesday April 18th : 6:00-7:30PM - Working Women's Clinic begins
- April 19th & 21st : Men's Interclub begins.
- Tuesday April 24th : 6:00-8:00PM Men's Round Robin begins
Spring Junior Tennis Clinics
- Saturday, May 5th - Saturday, June 9th (6 week session)
- 10:30-11:30 Red Ball, 5-6 year olds
- 11:30-12:30 Orange Ball, 7-8 year olds
- 12:30-1:30 Green Ball, 9-12 year olds
- 1:30-3:00 Tennis Tennis, 13+
The goal of each clinic is to develop the skills necessary to progress through the colored ball system. All groups will begin developing serves, returns, groundstrokes, volleys and the ability to compete and keep score. Please contact me to sign-up. Pay in advance to guarantee your childs place ($90 for 60 minute clinics, $135 for 90 minute clinics). 6:1 student-teacher ratio. In the event of rain, additional Saturday clinics will be offered.
Summer Junior Tennis & Paddle
- Monday, June 18th - week of Monday, July 23rd
- 9:30-10:30 : Red Ball, 5-6 year olds
- 10:30-12:00 : 11 years & up
- 12:30-1:30 : Orange Ball, 7-8 year olds
- 1:30-2:30 : Green Ball, 9-10 year olds
The Summer Program runs Monday to Thursday. Members can choose to "drop in", do all four days, or choose two days per week. The goal of each clinic is to develop the skills necessary to progress through the colored ball system to the yellow ball. All groups will begin developing serves, returns, groundstrokes, volleys and the ability to compete and keep score. Please contact me to sign-up. Pay in advance to guarantee your childs place. More information to come...
- Sunday, April 22nd 9AM : Mixed Interclub begins
- Contact Nancy Scheuerman for more info; 215.212.0646 or email email@example.com
Mixed Tennis Socials : 6:00PM-8:30PM
- Friday, May 11th
- Monday, May 28th (Memorial Day)
- Friday, June 8th
- Tuesday, July 4th (Independence Day)
- Friday, August 3rd
- Monday, September 3rd (Labor Day)
The 2018 Philly Interclub Mixed Season
Picket Post has a Mixed doubles team that competes in the Philly Interclub competition. Matches are played on Sundays at 9AM starting April 22nd. The season lasts 9 weeks and ends June 24th. If you would like to play, please contact Nancy Scheuerman at 215-212-0646 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not have to have a partner to play on the team!
Interclub will be playing their first match Sunday, April 22 at Waynesborough at 9am. Please let Nancy know if you are available to play. The schedule is as follows:
- 4/22 Waynesborough - AWAY
- 4/29 St Albans - HOME
- 5/06 West Chester - AWAY
- 5/13 Chester Valley GC - HOME
- 5/20 Merion - AWAY
- 6/03 Idle Hour - HOME
- 6/10 Wallingford - HOME
- 6/17 Llanerch - HOME
- 6/24 Kennett Sq - AWAY
As soon as the philly.tenniscores.com website is fully operational, Nancy will be sending you an email from their website. It will include the link to fill out your availability for the season.
If you know of any other Picket Post members who’d like to participate in the mixed league, please send Nancy their contact info. NO NEED TO HAVE A PARTNER. Picket Post Tennis looks forward to a fun-filled, winning season!
Be sure to get your email address on the email distribution list to stay informed and up-to-date with all the tennis activities and club events! Email our Racquet Sports Director, Rodney Stewart email@example.com.
Get Your Key to the Tennis Courts!
Do you have your key for the tennis courts this season? Keys are $10.00 and can be purchased through payal.